View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Originally Posted by KDB View Post
I hate float valve carbs.
First off: my cheap engine came improperly assembled from the start, seems you can put it together ALMOST correctly and it will usually work. I figured out what the little clip on the other side of the float valve lever was for myself. I guess the designer did not communicate well with the manufacturer.
Worse, one little grain of sand and the whole thing just floods itself and pours gas all over the pavement.
Tonight I disassembled and reassembled my carb under a street light three times before saying "Fine, if I run full throttle the slow flow petcock won't let it flood and even if I get 12 miles to a gallon I will get home before dawn.
Eventually I stopped for a break and the carb was working fine, not flooding. I guess the obstruction worked it's way into the cylinder.
I use two fuel filters (both standard with the BGF kit). What else can I do?
I had the same problem with my flooded carb, what you have to do is take the bowl underneath out and bend the 2 metal "C" looking clip that controls the flow of gas into the bowl. Bend it upward ever so slightly, put everything back together and that should solve your flooding issue.