View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 12:09 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Originally Posted by CTripps View Post
I've thrown the chain once before when the link clip snapped and it was laying behind me in the street.. in this case I was riding up the walkway on the bridge (there's a sign that tells cyclist to use the sidewalk at each end) with concrete barrier to one side (and traffic) and the railing and a long drop to the river on the other. It's odd that it should have moved that far when it dropped, but anything's possible I suppose. I've been debating doing away with the master link completely, I fiddled around with bits of leftover chain and the chainbreaker for a bit and may give it a go.
Funny you should mention chain breaking.....

I threw my chain on my way to work this morning, two miles from home. Sure enough, there it lay on the road behind me like a dead snake. Luckily, no one ran over it.

As I pulled over, I realized I had forgotten to bring my backpack (with tools and spare chain).

As soon as my wife brought my backpack, I was back on the road shortly. The chain had pulled away @ the link. Perhaps it was where I had repaired it once before, a few weeks ago.