View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 06:23 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I've thought of not running a master link, but am happy to be able to pop off the chain for easier pedaling if the engine decides to die on me. Or I forget to gas up... too easy to do with our little sippers, eh?

Don't forget that the C-clip should be towards the tire(facing inbound) and facing the rear when on the "high side" going into the engine. If it's backwards, any little nip by the idler pulley or a rubbing tire(it happens to some) will pop it off every time.

After I took this pic my phone battery died. But that's how I pulled up to a local Hobby Show last week. Had a bike up on a table so people could get a good look, and did Demo rides in the parking lot. There was a lot of interest, mostly from husbands while their wives were checking out Nick-Nacks and Preserves, heh heh. Few surprised looks when I tell them I ride all winter too (had my spikey winter tire there too). It was more to get people thinking about them for the spring and network than making sales, bad time of year for that
Cards, 29er, Trailer, Hack'em'up
Build with pride! Build to ride!
"A clean shop is a sure sign of a cluttered mind" ~ fasteddy