View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Trouble in College Station, TX

Originally Posted by Weedylot View Post
As far as insurance goes, you might be able to become the insurance company and write your own policy. Years ago a guy wanted to rent used cars to the public. No insurance company would help him so he started his own insurance company, wrote his own policies and became a big success. The company was called Ugly Duckling, they did very well for quite a few years.
That is an interesting notion. I will do some research to see how much insurance mopeds are required to carry in TX. If the amount is relatively small, I could request a certification of financial responsiblity -- or whatever it is called.

The form for motor vehicles you can get that basically says "yeah, i have enough cash lying around to cover whatever insurance would cover by law." I think that amount of cash is something in the neighborhood of a half million dollars for normal motor vehicles, though...

Then again, founding an insurance agency dedicated to the insurance needs of "alternative transportation" could be very lucrative.

So who needs insurance? Boy, have I got a deal for you!