View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Need help getting it started

Originally Posted by ex42k9j View Post
i was just going to buy a new air filter and see if that helps with speed but if the choke arm is going to give me problems i might just replace the entire carb.

which replacement would you suggest for my type of motor?

i was looking at the high performance cns carb from kingsmb. i'm not sure though. it looks confusing.

well i have been riding the bike around all morning and the rubber band worked wonders. looks a little weird but it helps a lot.

norman the moderator said this and i trust his exp. i have no idea what a choke shaft bolt is though or where its located at on the carb.
If you are happy with your carb, besides the slipping choke lever, I would suggest you stick with it. The CNS carb is a beast to tune, lots of people get frustrated and give up on it and buy an NT or Speed carb instead.
I assume the choke shaft bolt is right on the choke lever somewhere, probably inside the air filter cover. If your rubber band works just use that, or take the air filter off and you will figure out a way to tighten it up a bit, not rocket science here... Stick with it and you will get it worked out....