I started off the day with a couple of confidence runs on the replaced motor, and it's running nicely. It was clear and sunny but only around 4°C, and no traffic on most of either trip until near the destinations. Weather permitting, it should be good to go for work next week.
Once I got back to the house the first priority was getting the wife's bike put back together.
Sealed up the magneto cover, remounted the CDI, connected the wiring, should be good.
Noticed while doing this that it's leaking a bit of gas, so I replaced the clamp holding the fuel line at the petcock, it was tight but could still be moved (first thing I found) then followed the line down. It was dry and seems good. I can't tell for sure right now but it looks like the gasket on the fuel bowl might be leaking. I'll follow up on that tomorrow. While I was working on it I pulled the clutch cover and adjusted the flower nut. Sometimes it would lock up the back wheel when you tried to start it first thing, hopefully that's taken care of with a few turns to "finger-tight." If not, it shouldn't be hard to set. Pulled the air intake and used gasket maker to replace the paper thin one as well. Cleaned out the 'air cleaner sponge' and cover too, since I had it apart.
Two good round trips and an afternoon spent tinkering. That's a good day.