View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 12:30 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: Need help getting it started

ok i gave it that nice 1/2" of slack and guess what? she runs no problem now. test rode her around the block a few times and no popping off chain.

it does feel like i can feel the chain passing by under me. is that normal? maybe just a lot of vibration (not using any rubber).

also she seems to have a hard time carrying my fat a$$ up the hill to my house (I am 6' 0" about 180-190 pounds but havent got weighed in months though ~ was 179 when i got weighed so i did add some extra weight.) i guess i have to wait until she breaks in before she can carry me up a midium-high without me having to help pedal. but the ride down the hill was a blast!

also i still cant get her to sit idle. if i am not throttling or like when i was going up the hill i could hear her starting to die unless i pedaled it will just cut off on me. can i only get it idle after i break in?

also i was thinking of doing some modifications:

1)Cut a few holes in the muffler (makes it louder but i hear it helps with acceleration)
2)Put on rubber (help with vibration)
3)Put rubber spacers on the motor side fins (Hear it helps with noise reduction)
4)Cut the long metal tube thing (intake manifold???) when you open your muffler
5)Get a better carb (maybe spend a good $60 on a speed carb)
6)Maybe go down to a lower # sprocket, at my weight though i don't think i should go under a 40T sprocket though
7)get some 1.75 wheels cause i don't like how close my chain is to the wheel (doesn't rub it or anything just wouldn't like it so close)
8)eventually replace muffler with a poo poo muffler or something.
9)get a paper filter cause i sometimes am seeing these little black things in my fuel line.

Last edited by ex42k9j; 11-18-2011 at 12:33 PM.