Re: I had a breakdown today...
Sorry, no pics this time, the camera eats batteries.
Well, it wasn't as quick as I was hoping for (it never is) but before breaking for dinner I got the replacement motor mounted up. It took some time to lap the head and top of the jug, but I'm satisfied with the result. Some red gasket maker and it should be good. Getting the piston back in to the cylinder was tricky, but worked reasonably well for me this time.
Now I should just need to double check my work, add a drop more oil to my tank to bring it in closer to a break in mix, and give it a try. If everything works out, I have a few more minutes ahead after that making the magneto and wiring water tight.
Thanks for doing the legwork for me nightcruiser, I'll probably take a closer look a bit later. Got to get back at it, I ran out of daylight quite a while ago, and I'm not done yet.
Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.
My Builds: My Beast
, Harley59's bike
, my Cruiser