Originally Posted by GasX
I started off by dismantling everything and getting the little bits cleaned up. Yesterday I realized I had to partially put it back together to figure out where everything was going to go prior to paint, so I put a minute amount of grease on all the bearings and assembled a rolling chassis.
I discovered a number of challenges along the way:
1. will have to figure out how to secure the front drum brake arm. It sits 1/2" from the fork tube.
2. The front wheels did not come with the nuts to lock it onto the frame. When I used the ones from the rear wheel, they would not advance more than 3 or four turns. The axle is either stripped or it is residual locktite...
3. I will probably need some spacers for the rear as the frame bends quite a bit when I tightened the bolts
I also spent an inordinate amount of time figuring out how to mount the rear dropout kickstand only to eventually learn after scratching it up that it does not work with this frame...
whatever you do dont buy a kickstand from bgf.nothing but junk. p.s.Thats a REALLY nice bike!You know,when I envented the upside down handlebar trick I really didnt think it would take off like this.now I'm ashamed to admit I envented it