Re: First Build Thread - BTR Inspired Cruiser
Well, I put the mount on the frame and finally got to ride my bike around the cul de sac tonight - under my own power. Learned that rear brake straps need to be attached. Noticed that the rear wheel has a wobble. The axle is well tightened onto the frame, but the hub wobbles between the sprocket and brake arm. Have to figure out how to deal with that. Here is where I am with my build:
1. I need shorter or wider cranks to clear the engine. Will probably go with shorter as that is a cheaper option.
2. I need to figure out how to get rid of the rear hub wobble mentioned above.
3. Need to beef up the front drum brake mount as the hose clamp is definitely deforming under braking.
4. Need to mount the engine and hook everything up. - I'd like to try and start the engine tomorrow.
5. I also need to find a better mounting plate option. I am not going to be satisfied with my kit mount. Might call that a long term goal and get the bike running though...