View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: I had a breakdown today...

The lighting made taking pics a little tricky. I'll have another look at it soon, and see if there's anything like you described. With the flower nut as loose as it was, it could well have been hanging on the rods. The back of the plate did seem to have a little more wear in some places than others, the depth of the 'dimples' in the plate isn't consistent. The notch for the flower nut retainer did seem slightly chewed where it was when I opened things up. After adjusting the plate and snugging it up it's a different notch aligned on the keeper, and looks better. The puck that I turned around was loose enough to pop out when I caught it with the edge of a thumbnail.

I haven't had a chance to take it for more than a quick trip up and down the lane yet, I'm hoping tomorrow will be nice enough to ride for a bit. I might be back to having some time to get a few things done (or started), so we'll see what happens.

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser