View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 12:27 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Originally Posted by Dirt Road Cowboy View Post
I put on a new fuel line, inline filter and new CDI from LEB.

Still no bang!
Two things come to mind. First is did you check out the plug to see if it is any good? 2nd if you get no spark it's very possible that the blue wire solder connection to the magneto is bad. There's a way to check this with an ohm meter. Search the site for info on how to check and repair. Was there a new wire on the CD? If it's the old wire that could be the problem, too. It's made in a toy factory from 6 pieces to replace what we do with 3. Failure rates are high for these pieces. sick bike parts has a good replacement plug setup and a nice NGK B6HS plug to go with it, although a B5HS might be better for the cold.

Oh, yeah, I ordered a 44 tooth sprocket today. Really the build needs to start from the rear sprocket so things can be lined up the best. I ordered button head M8 1.25 x 30 mm bolts from an English bolt house. Dumb bastiches sent me 1/4" NF SAE bolts! Not worth it to send them back. What a scam, they can send whatever they want and in my case I won't be ordering bolts online anymore, not with 3 bolthouses within 1.5 miles from here including a Fastenall place.

Last edited by DaveC; 11-06-2011 at 12:45 AM.