View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Need help getting it started

Originally Posted by ex42k9j View Post
well i feel dumb. i added more fuel (i only added like a cup to the bike cause i was having leaking issues that i fixed when i get that better hose~just forgot to add more fuel), warmed the motor a bit, took it out front and ran it down my driveway, motor sounded like it was starting up when i slowly popped the clutch out.

only thing, as soon as i stop pedaling, the motor stops and i can't get it to sit idle. i tried giving it gas (twisting the throttle) while pedaling and i got no acceleration. i pedaled 1/2 way down a steep hill and as soon as i turned around to peddle up the hill, the motor died on me. and yes, i have choke on (all the way up)

doing some research, i should:

pull handlebar clutch in
start pedaling
slowly let handlebar clutch out until motor starts turning over
keep pedaling and turn choke down half way (still holding that position on the handlebar clutch)
let the handlebar clutch all the way out and the motor should start
turn the choke all the way down (after a minute or two of ridding cause its cold?)

also, i checked the spark plug, it is shiny wet
ok here is where that little screw with the spring on it on the side of the carberator comes is you idle adjustment screw turn it clock wise till it may have to play with it a little bit.