View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Some help with centrifugal clutch install

Hey guys. So today I installed it. First I grinded down the 3 clutch pins, and it doesn't rub, no need for extra gaskets.
However I am having a hard timing putting the actual CC on the shaft. I got it on there as far as it will go, I made the notch for the key and everything, and it's all good, but how do I get it to go the extra couple MM? Here is a pic of what it looks like.
I don't think the notch is the problem, it's as deep and as long as the standard gear. I think its that widening part at the end that I don't know how to overcome. Do i just hammer it on or something lol I have no idea. Or should I make a gasket and fit this cover on like this. I don't know. If I put like.. two or three washers in between the big cover and small cover it will be OK. But does that mean the CC isn't on all the way?

I took a chance and turned it on without the cover. It worked very well. And it was a blast to start from a standstill without pedaling. Besides, I can't really pedal, not enough clearance. That will be the next part of the install. Who needs pedals with this clutch anyways :P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo (2).JPG (91.5 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg photo (3).JPG (93.9 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by geoldr; 10-20-2011 at 09:06 PM.