View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I can't recall the last time I had anything with a center kick stand.. though the neighbour's wife's bike has a clever one, both legs fold off to the left side of the bike when it's up. I've had the back-axle style for longer than I've had this bike, so over 20 years. But that's a good idea... if I trip over one I'll see what I can do with it, thanks (got me thinking a bit now.. I already think I see how I could tinker up a quick-release for that so it doesn't have to be on full time).
The strapping works, it's just not easy to work around.. as the pics imply, there's not a lot of square footage open in my garage. We've been trying to do something about the space in there, but any space that opens up suddenly has a bike appear in it. In the last while two bikes became five and a half bikes and a bike trailer.

I'm going to check around here, there are enough bike shops that I'm betting at least one will sell some sort of basic workstand that people can use at home for tune-ups and such. If I find something useful I'll let you know.

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser