View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Well, I got back to the garage today, yesterday was just too wet and crappy and the arthritis was making things a challenge.

So, I washed out the tire, washed off the rim and got the new self-sliming tube in. Getting the wheel back in position was as much fun as I expected, but it's done and while I had it in the sling I trued the wheel using the brakes as guides. It's not perfect, but it doesn't make contact when turning.

I've mentioned before I that don't have a stand to work with, so here's a few pics of my (current) answer to needing to hold up the bike when there's a wheel off. One tie-down goes over a joist and holds it up by the carrier, another makes the bottom triangle anchored by a large air compressor one side and an old wheel rim with the portable compressor sitting on it on the other. There's a third tie-down that doesn't show from this angle, it goes from the stem tube to the corner of the workbench, so that I can pull backwards to adjust the wheel. Not perfect, but it works in the space I have to work in.

Once that was done I got to spend an hour convincing the jammed garage door to go either up or down. Finally got it worked out and closed up for the night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 102_2235a.jpg (49.6 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 102_2236a.jpg (52.8 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 102_2239a.jpg (50.3 KB, 38 views)

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser

Last edited by CTripps; 10-11-2011 at 09:45 PM.