View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Arnold Layne Arnold Layne is offline
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 81
Default Re: Cycle World Article

The valve in the exhaust is called a cut out. You will notice that it is part of the front end of the muffler, you open it and by-pass the muff to gain a little performance or economy on the open road. Many early vehicles had them, even more were aftermarket. When I was young, on the edge of a really small almost ghost town near our farm was an old sign that read "Please Close Your Cut-Out".
Reply With Quote