View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 07:57 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: New Build Questions

Yea, mbiking is pretty fun.
yes the spark plug boot is no good, my cracked the first time i tried to put it on the spark plug. You can just go to pretty much any auto parts store and get a single spark plug wire. The old one unscrews then cut the new one to length and screw on. Or, you can upgade the whole ignition with a new cdi. I have the jaguar cdi from jnmotors it is way better than the stock since you cane change the timing can click on the info and it will tell you all about it. I have never seen a bad review of it.
As far as the clutch , it sounds like you just dont have it adjusted yet, with the arm facing the rear of the motor ,pull the cable thru the arm and tighten when you have only 1/8 inch free play back and forth. if all is right ,when you push in the lower thumb button you will feel resistance as the clutch arm is pulled towards the other side of the engine. one more click of the thumb button and the clutch should be fully disengaged. then hitting the top lever once then twice is like popping the clutch.
I hope this helps, for sure keep us posted on how it go's