Thread: End of an Era?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 04:13 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: End of an Era?

Originally Posted by Dogtown Burner View Post
they no longer answer phone calls or write back. but the engine arrived before any of the small parts and accessories I ordered. a day and a half . the only place i could find to get one was the RAW site itself. I paid waaay to much out of haste because of all the threads ive read on here about the engines getting scarce. tempted to buy 10 or so...
From what I know, it used to be possible to buy RAW engines from other distributors because RAW Motors used to do wholesale. They stopped doing that and now because of bull EPA regulations, the cost of these engines in general has gone up. It seems like people are usually happy with their RAW engines; mine has proven very reliable regardless of all the abuse it's taken(like running it on ethanol). So hopefully your purchase wasn't a waste. That's strange they sent to parts separately. My kit came in the same box. My guess is they're really scraping the bottom of their warehouse to make money on whatever engines/parts they still have in the USA.

I hope it becomes possible for someone in the USA to start manufacturing HT engines.