View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 10:31 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: New and here was my bike :(

Originally Posted by Super View Post
...the lady that pulled out in front of me lied to the claims officer. She said I pulled out of a drive way. Whats stupid, is she already told the truth to the police. It's all on the police report. The police man told me him self that our two stories collaborated. Plus their was an eye witness that works at Sonic. The only thing she is doing is delaying matters. Now I have to wait for them to get the police report.
Make sure you have the name and number of the witness, in case you need it. People like her are everywhere, always trying to turn it around so they're the victim. I'll bet she tries to claim some kind of mental anguish or trauma because of watching you fly over her car, plus damages that'll include the opposite end of her vehicle (and anything else she wants fixed as well). It might be an idea to track down a decent lawyer in your area, since she's contradicting the police report.

Originally Posted by Super View Post
The claims officer seems really nice and is very informative and helpful. Lets hope it's not all an act. Thanks to your advice I got an idea on what to start off with...

I don't know if the insurance company is going to take the junk back just jet, but there is defiantly salvageable parts on it.
The claims officer may also have something I missed on the list before as well, y'never know. They'd also (probably) be the person to ask where your bike is going when this is done.. if they won't simply let you keep it for parts, they can tell you which junkyard it'll end up at and you can go to them and try to get it back. 2 strokes are notoriously hard to kill, so if the motor itself is in more or less one piece you should at least be able to get parts off it when you need them.

I hope things work out for you, please keep us posted on how it goes. And if you haven't already, stop by the Doc's office and get checked out. When I had my accident I thought I'd be all right but it turned into 12 weeks of disability time, a bunch of physio and physical rehab, and resulted in me being laid off work by the time I was pronouced ready to return. My wife was on disability for more than a few months because of the broken hand, and got laid off her work permanently so that's going to be taken into account by the lawyers too. She used to do admin work for a local business, but now she can't type properly or use a mouse right-handed.

Now, I'm not saying to take them for everything under the sun, but knowing what the possibilites are is helpful.

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser