Thread: upgrades help
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 11:31 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default Re: upgrades help

No worries my friend, we all have to start somewhere! I found the following posts/forums extremely helpful: Motorized Bicycle Forum - View Single Post - Tips I've learned from many builds-great newbie read.

Classic Instructions for Building and Repairing Motorized Bicycle Engine Kits - Motorized Bicycle: Engine Kit Forum

I find as you tinker and continue to build more questions arise. Most everything you need to know about working on these engines are in these forums. Personally, I did most everything listed in that first thread that I had the tools and capability to do. If you're using a cruiser bike and need a custom front mount I can't say enough about Al.Fisherman. He made me a custom mount for $20 and it works great.

For my motorized bicycle specific parts, I like, and Everything else I get at my local autozone or hardware store. I know it's exciting and you just want to ride, same thing happened to me, I'm glad I took my time though. If you're going to do it right, might as well start from the beginning..if you do your HT will thank you in the long run.

Last edited by madcroc; 09-20-2011 at 11:36 PM.