View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 08:29 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: My review of the GT5_A Superhawk

All three of my bikes run great now, have all the bugs out of them until the next one hits of coarse......LOL!

But as to building and selling the MB's, I have had several people tell me that I should build some up and sell them, I haven't done it because of the exact reason Baird just described, many or most of the people that will want to buy one are people that couldn't build one themselves and IMHO that is a big wreck looking for a place to happen for the builder, these bikes need special attention for them to be even half way reliable and fairy trouble free, mine are pretty trouble free, I just look everything over real good listen to the engine as it warms up for any odd sounds, pay close attention to how it is running when I take off and then I just go on about as long of a trip as I want without a glitch once I confirm all is well.

It takes a certain level of skill and understanding of the entire machine inorder to accomplish what I just described and the average not so mechanical person lacks these skills and the understanding of the machine beyond what they can just see, IMO these are best suited for knuckle busters, gearheads, mechanically inclined hobbiest or someone wanting to learn soem mecahnical skills, NOT the average Joe who just wants a neat toy or someone looking for reliable transportation.

I said all of this to say that Greg58 has the right idea in just helping a friend build his bike and then you know that their interest are such that they're going to be the ones who will be tinkering and learning to repair their motorized bicycle instead of them being an unsatisfied customer who will be driving you mad with all the little things that are so common to go wrong with these cheaply made China-lume-engines......

If I build anything to sell it will be friction drive set ups with a more trouble free engine, unless the person is someone I know very well and they are willing to do their own fixing and learning with the free advice I'm willing to give when they need it from time to time, but even then I will point them to this forum for getting most of their questions answered so I dont get hounded to death all the time........LOL!

Just my $0.02 nothing more......

Peace, map

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!