View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 01:10 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default Re: I bought a virtually new bike

While it's on my mind. Is there a stubby plug for that engine (GT-2)? What is one that anyone could reccommend if there is not a stubby? It came with a LD Z4C . The instruction manual that I downloaded mentions a M4X1.25. I got the plug wire off but don't know how to order a new one. Do I have to specify the length of the wire or is it a standard length? As I looked at the plug before I removed it there was a slight gap between the washer and where it would normally sit up on the plug. When I went to put it back the washer squeezed onto the area above the threads and the plug seated a slight bit deeper than it had. I want to make sure that I have the right plug for 2 reasons. I have seen plugs that have more thread length will do 2 things. Perhaps hit the top of the piston (NOT good). Second, they will carbon up on any threads sticking into the cylinder to the point of filling up the area between the threads. When this happens you can EASILY rip out all of the threads in an aluminum head while removing it.
As for the add-on motor mount. It looks like I will have to at least loosen the motor so as to lift it up and put the bolts up and into the holes where they would fit if I had a thinner frame. Then clamp the new mount to the frame.
The more I see that I "should" do the more I want to just treat it gently for now and then make it a "winter project" where I can do it all at my liesure. It's good for now BUT it will be better later. Thank you again.
Tom in Kingman AZ