I agree with the above. Do not cut the frame. I wish I had went with the SBP adapter for my fat front tube, but the one that I came up with works. It is just not as nice looking. Perhaps some day I will replace it.
My old spark plug wire was a bear to get off. It basically ripped off and then I dug out the old insulation from around the screw. The new plug wire from SBP is quite a bit longer than the original one.
I used bolts instead of studs for the engine mounting, the carb manifold mounting and the exhaust mounting. Don't forget the Loctite.
Another thing you may want to do is replace the "plug" connectors on the CDI. I wire nutted mine and put electrical tape around them. I think that soldered would be even better, but I haven't had any trouble with it yet.