View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 12:48 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: Is this happy or sad :/

It's been awhile since I've logged in. Been going through some of life's trials myself. I felt compelled to respond to this one however. It's my belief that God blesses us all with something special. It's our job to look for it and use it.
A small blind child wanting to ride a bike can bring a lump in our throat to most any person. Their desire to be normal and do normal things is human nature. Children can be more resiliant than we adults give them credit for.
I recently taught my 4 year old to ride a bike and the joy on her face is something I will never forget. Our job as parents is to create the best memories for our children that we can. Children can often find the most joy in the small things we do for them. Taking them bike riding is a good example.
This child may have understood that his bike was a little different and a special bike for him. Most likely he'll find great pleasure in riding with his folks
and still enjoy the wind in his face. He is blessed to have parents that care enough to give him the best that they can. Not all kids, blind or not have loving parents unfortunately. Take a kid bike riding today! Give them a hug and tell them how special they are. It's our job as parents.
God bless.