View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Gutter Rider
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Yesterday, changed a flat. (Why does it always have to be the back on motorized bicycles with 2 chains?) So soaked the drive chain in chainsaw lube. I didn't clean it but should have. Was shocked at how much gunk came out just from a soak. Adjusted all 3 brake systems on daily rider. The Worksman front drum was not even engaging. I seem to be big on building, not so much on maintenance. snicker.

But was wondering if there was a ready made product like mentioned above. Thanks GH.
I do the same thing . The maintenance ditty lol.
Yeah its always the rear tire lol. As for ready made not sure what you meant? As I get my ultra thick heavy duty tubes by them selves. ''I never use a tire liner or freaky expensive tires''. Then I cram about 6 to 9 ounces Slime individually in each tire depending on size of tire. A 26x1.75 I will do about 6 to 7 ounces. Slime Tube Sealant, 8 Oz Reviews. Buying Guides & Consumer Product Reviews - in each tire and never touch it again.

Oh I may have to occasionally add some air. Yet with freaky every day constant riding mebbe tops once every two weeks. The stickers are ridiculous here and I don't go looking to ride around in them ether. I try to avoid them where I see big patches but that ain't going to always happen.

I Don't touch the valve core with a air chuck or to deflate unless its at 12 0clock noon. You'll never have a problem. Easy as pie to clean the valve core if you forget. I clean a valve core mebbe once every four years tops. ''12 0clock''

The pre slimed tubes are a waste of my time here. They have virtually no product in them even if its a thick tube. Whats more sad is the guy saying he tried to patch it. There is nothing funnier than a paper thin tube to me. Their like kiddie party balloons weee lol.

No patch kits in my future

Still riding my bald tire with absolutely no work done to it after my said impalements. I will not be doing a thing ''at all'' to it ether....

I actually went over to two bikes shops yesterday for you guys. I got to see tubes and there likeness first hand for what I listed. Gonna take notes from now on and check shops to list everything that is available on line for anybody. Because considering all my good fortune It really does trouble me a bit to see folks getting flats.

The rain here brought on more insects. I had good sun glasses on today and got a gnat in my left eye. Could not get it out right away. So I gave it my Clint Eastwood scowl look and kept going. The wind and the tears washed it out.
Still gotta have a since of humor.