View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 09:49 AM
Gutter Rider
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Originally Posted by retromike3 View Post

I forgot, two days ago I actually found the company that still makes thorn proof tubes. they make them for 26 by 1.85 and the tires I'm running are 26 by 1.5 so I had to make sure that there wasn't much air in them when I installed them. I have about 2 1/2 hours of ride time on them so far in the seem to be holding up quite well.

One other neat thing is that the air doesn't seem to come out these tires overnight.

I air mine up a tiny bit just to harden them every two weeks or so even on my bald rear tire that took on the two small nails and I do mean this is ''daily'' riding! Its been very well over 7 gallons of fuel since that impalement discovery.

Bike shops over there ''don't know nuttun bout a thick tube and will not stock them ''aye mike? I've been to different parts of the country that would not stock them. ''good thick tubes'' Bummer. Speaks volumes about your local L.B.S.'s and the givin local terrain. We got it all figured out over here Brodder.
Originally Posted by GearNut View Post
Could you share the name of this company with us?
I am very interested in these inner tubes.
Running them along with a tire liner should be a good combo.
Every one of the bike shops here have very nice thick tubes available. I can go to any of the local L.B.S.'S here and get a tube casually just like buying bubble gum. If you cannot find a tube I can certainly get one. I can stop by a shop and get you brand names. Heck just google a Albuquerque N.M. bike shop and order one. If you have a prob I can clear it up. The Kickstand Bicycle Sales & Service-Albuquerque Bicycle Shop has good seasoned techs there that will know exactly what you want.

Tubes for 1.75 sizeish tires are abundant here in shops as well as down hill 26x2.75 ish tire size tubes and 26X2.25. My 24X3.0 was a dead end tho.

I still have to reckon its harder in different places to find this stuff where some folks live?

You'l wind up with the same tubes I am running They have two 5 gallon buckets of ''Slime'' in the repair department on hand at all times because that's how we roll here!
Still gotta have a since of humor.

Last edited by Goat Herder; 09-10-2011 at 12:29 PM.