View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 05:39 PM
happyvalley happyvalley is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: upper Pioneer Valley
Posts: 787
Default Re: Homemade or Altered Frames

Technically, if you want to build new motorcycles -- choppers, trikes, etc -- LSVs (light neighborhood vehicles), or trailers, you need to first get licensed and registered with the USDOT. This license enables you to issue 17 digit manufacturer Vehicle Identification Numbers (VINs) and Manufacturer Certificates of Origin (MCOs) which are acceptable in all states and throughout the world as pre-titles to your complete vehicles.
Reply With Quote