View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I think I'm on to something that I know several others have surely known for a while but it just hasn't been said lately....

Took the old black Mountain Bike that I worked on yesterday pulled the 26" rear wheel off with the 41T sprocket and put a 32T sprocket on a 24" wheel I had and after completely taking all the internals out of the wheel and cleaning & repacking the bearings and oiling the freewheel bearing I put this 24" wheel on the old 26" mountain bike, all I can say is WOW................!!!!!!!!!!!

By dropping down to the 24" wheel the overall weight and rotating mass has dropped to the point that this little engine will pull hills like crazy and run a hole in the wind WOT..... It is unbelievable how much of a difference changing to the 24" wheel with the 32T sprocket has made, the negine on this bike is one of the older straight plug engines with the Aluminium intake and it has the 6mm head/jug studs.....I plan to put 24" wheels on the Huffy Karaoke now as well and go with the 32T sprocket I may go down to a 30T.

This thing runs awesome now............I'm really stunned at how much of a difference this made........

Peace, map
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 09072011.jpg (184.6 KB, 35 views)
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!