I used a fully serrated BMX peg that I found off a discarded bike. These pegs come in different styles, but this was was just what I needed. The engine was an older, '05 clutchless Homelite. All I did was grind down the peg somewhat to make it fit between the vanes on the flywheel. I used the same nut/cable drive (curved shaft wacker) that came with the engine to secure the peg. It all fell in to place & it all came together quite easily. At the moment, I am SOL if the engine were to quit or run out of gas because it is direct drive with no way to lift the peg off the tire. But, I'm still experimenting with it & my trips are short.