View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: My review of the GT5_A Superhawk

I do the same thing Baird,

My Granddad had a small engine repair shop at his home for about 50 years, he worked on everything you can imagine, restored old tractors,automotive engines, rebuilt large water pumps, ect.... the man never owned a torque wrench in his life and never needed one either.
I know there are acceptions to this on some of the high tech modern Aluminium stuff but for those of us that have been tinkering with and building small engines like these china girls and the such for a long time, we dont need a torque wrench, it's all in knowing how it feels and tightening bolts & studs in the right sequence, it's all feel and technique for me as well and I've yet to strip anything on one of my engines or have any blown or leaking gasket issues.

Hope you get the time to get to the engine asap..... I know what you mean about the working........been work work work....for me lately also, a lot of stuff going on.

Peace, map

Originally Posted by bairdco View Post
i got mine from Piston bikes, also.

as far as head torque, i tighten it with a small socket wrench till it feels like if i go anymore they'll strip. i don't own a torque wrench. i've got a good "feel" for it.

i'm trying to find some time to work on a motor for my bike, and detail it as i go, but work keeps getting in the way.
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!