View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I put some old Wald mini apes on this old gal today, and I put the original front end back on her, I had front suspension forks on it but just never liked the way it handled and rode with them so we went back to the old school stock forks, put the mini apes on and replaced a broken throttle cable that gave it up today, took her for a 12 mile road trip this afternoon and really enjoyed it, this little engine just pulls so good, it's not the smoothest one I have or the fastest with a comfortable cruise speed of 25-27MPH and a top out at 36mph, but it is my oldest BGF engine with about 1,300 miles on it now and as you can see in the pics below, I beat-em up and get-em very dirty, nothing fancy about it but it is rock solid reliable to this point and I haven't put a wrench on this bike because of a failure in over a year now, hard to complain about that one even though I dont ride it everyday like some do.

Anyway, here is the pics of old reliable and the new/old front end back on her and the mini apes which I wish I would have done a long time ago, darn these bars are comfortable.....! also I built a different exhaust and had a local muffler shop make me a tip I slash cut and brazed on the muffler I made up from a modified lawnmower muffler and brazed on a stock header pipe that is port matched to the head.

Last pic is the way it was until the changes I made today...handles much better now.

Peace, map
Attached Images
File Type: jpg USA Black Bike1.jpg (166.7 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg USA Black Bike2.jpg (157.9 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg USA Black Bike3.jpg (148.8 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 1st MB_10-06-2010.jpg (173.4 KB, 38 views)
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!

Last edited by mapbike; 09-06-2011 at 10:10 PM.