View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Gutter Rider
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Originally Posted by happycheapskate View Post
Nope, but to me it works fast and it's way cheaper, so cheap I can even give it away to friends. I take their flat tubes, and give them a ready tube, while taking the old tubes, to patch them, and inject some tire caulk. I have one friend here who is a slime brand fan, and that is great too. As long as we are riding and not changing flats, I don't worry if they have Slime, home brew, Stans, Briggs & Stratton blue goo, etc. It's all good.

I make my own tire slime, from $1 caulk from Walmart, with the same amount of $1 window wash (blue automotive type). I've sealed bike tires, tubes, and lawnmower tubeless tires with the stuff.
From here SLIME - Worldwide Leader in Tire Care - Repairing a flat tire? Slime Tire & Tube Sealant
The bright green liquid, synonymous with Slime, is actually a delivery system for fibers, rubber particles and other sealing agents. As the liquid gets forced out through the puncture it carries along with it the larger puncture repairing ingredients which pack into and seal the hole, preventing air loss.

You made no mention of these particulates.
I just ran over my second nail all I did was pull it out still riding brodder. Your ho made does not have the tiny particles that slime patented. I have no idea what that pict of stuff is? Looks like repackaged slime would be my first guess? The original stuff is so cheap enough I'll stay right with what I have been running for 40 years now. Have not had a need to research anything else. Budget Bicycle Center - Tire and Tube Sealant - By Slime For Sale Online

Right on man! As long as we are not using them patches I forgot what those even look like?
Still gotta have a since of humor.

Last edited by Goat Herder; 08-21-2011 at 07:19 PM.