View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 08:42 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Smile Re: Need old bike identified...

Yes, Baird

I'm leaning very heavy in the (Mod-ed into a mens bike) direction now as well, you fellas that guessed that from the start may have hit the nail right on the head on this one, If and when I get a message back from that "Columbia bike expert" I'm sure this will probably be confirmed by him too.

Who ever did the mod if that is actually the case, did a pretty good job of it, and if this is the case, that's fine with me, I like the look of the bike and I'm gonna make a nice little rig out of it if I can get it starightened out the way I want it.

I cant for the life of me figure out why someone would squirt that thing down with all that nasty looking yellow paint,only thing they didn't paint yellow is the wheels, they went some kind of rusty looking red on them.....LOL!

Thank you guys for all the imput, and if you do come across anymore info. stick it in here real quick........

Peace, map

Originally Posted by bairdco View Post
it looks like a columbia thunderbolt, 60's era girl's bike, modified. i've never seen a man's bike like that. i'm not saying it's impossible, but i doubt it.

you could post it up on the cabe and see if anyone's ever seen something like that.

in any case, here's your bike, without the top tubes:
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!