View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 09:45 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

The bearing and wrist pin that went bad is the larger one ( odd ball size one ), I have never seen the larger pin and bearings in these engines before, but then again I dont have loads of experience tearing down a hundred of them either, it may be a very early version right after the brass bushings went away or something, not sure.

All I know is since I put the new piston, rings, pin & bearing in today that little rascal has really come alive, it lack a bit of low end torque from the throwd together exhaust I put on the bike I'm sure, but it will cruise easy at 32-34MPH now after just 12 miles on that new set of parts I put in.

It's pretty darn smoothe doing it too, and that makes it real nice.

I hope you just keep getting yours better and better......

Peace, map

Originally Posted by rustycase View Post
Wm, Seaward, or the Point?
Bet it was nice...
cool & foggy at Morro Rock this morning... the usual summer WX lol

Thanks Greg !
I know I'm missing something...
7 mile speed run today. It just won't gather the R's...
Engine noise sounded like a periodic compression release engaged.
Crazy !
Maybe I'd better pop the head and inspect the gasket. Only reason I haven't is because I have none on hand and would need to make one from copper stock if it were bad... Just what I need, another project.

Ran through the radar sign at 24mph... best speed ever!
Gosh it was running horrible.

Interesting wrist pins/bearings, Map...
What's the group think is better, lighter for more R's and the nice looking roller cage, or the heavier pin with more rollers?
Which one went bad?

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!