View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

In my opinion take that CNS and tape a quarter to it, then drive out somewhere and throw that thing just as far as you can and then drive away, now by doing this you can honestly say you threw something away....LOL!

If you have NO air leaks, your exhaust is flowing free & easy, and you get that NT tuned right to your engine, you should be doing 30 MPH WOT flat ground no big wind even if you have a 44T rear sprocket.

My bike will almost idle at 21MPH with the NT carbs, that is a putt putt speed for a well tuned engine with a free flowing exhaust and a well tuned NT carb.

Just make sure you dont have an air leak, you sure seem to be pouring load of fuel in that get it not to be too lean.........something sounds out of wack to me if this is the case.

An NT with a jet drilled with a #73 bit and a good exhaust will normally run like a champ in my experience.

Peace, map

Originally Posted by rustycase View Post
Very wise to replace a tube with a hole repair you would be uncomfortable with, Dave!

SO many problems with the boy's bikes when they were kids, (mobbing through the goats heads), every day was at least an hour flat fixing even with slime!

I now have a bad habit of running tubes with WAY too many patches!

Must break the bad habit now I'm under power.
...and now, the boys are blasting their mtb's up AND down the biggest hill in this part of the state! #2 came in a couple days ago and said he never thought his bike would go that fast!

i am really tired of my cns

Opened the main jet from .029 to .031, needle all the way open.
All it would do is bog.
Not even describable as four stroking, just bogged.

Yesterday, at .029, which is #69 drill size, it ran best recent speed at 21 through the radar sign. Today I turned around an couldn't even head towards the radar.

I'm going to set it aside for a while and put the nt on.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!