I had time, so I did preventive maintenance on my bike.
Installed a new "take off" pedal, wiped down the entire bike, realigned the handlebar. Two of my motor mounting bolts were loose, so I cleaned bolts and holes with alcohol and locktited them in. The engine speed had recently been increasing when I cocked the handlebar a certain way. The brass throttle guide on the engine block had completely backed out. Cleaning and locktite fixed that.
Tire pressure checked ok and the tank is full. Cellphone, laptop and school book's in the backpack. Boots, socks, helmet and protective gear are laid out.
I can't wait for daylight and the morning ride to work.