View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 03:27 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Felt MP with 6.5+Hp engine mounted in a sidecar?

Originally Posted by Motorpsykler View Post
Don't forget, those old cars have 2 wheels steering in the front.
I was just thinking about how you drive a traditional sidecar rig, and I believe you need to accelerate on right turns, because the bike travels further than the sidecar. On your proposed rig, accelerating would make things worse on a right turn. You would have to cut the throttle on right turns, which might not be enough. Your rig may require a brake on the right wheel.

It should make lefts like nobody's business. Maybe use it for circle track?
I initially wanted to put a 200cc Stage 1 Go Kart engine on a Felt MP but that engine is way too wide to mount on any bike and looks kinda goofy so I came up with the sidecar idea, but after further searching, I finally found a fully automatic, 125cc, 4 Stroke, w/electric start, Piranha pitbike engine that will easily mount on a bike without my legs being bowed out like I'm on a Harley. Go Kart engines just don't look or fit right on a bike. I want a 4 stroke engine that looks like a traditional motorcycle engine and is narrow. The sidecar idea I think is just gonna be too much trouble for me to handle at this point, although the fun factor would have been high.