Originally Posted by wayne z
I used a short piece of 1/4" keystock, grinded to fit
Done that too Wayne on a mini tiller I fixed up for the wifes gardening experiment worked great and was easier. Was thinking if the engine was further away. Still like the idea of the motor foward(inframe), but looks like the only way to tweek it to fit is to use a flex shaft. I think its up to the job if a good quality unit. I cant tell you how many trimmers came into the shop with a steel brush blade cobbled on to a flex shaft. The shaft wind up was terrible on accel/decel. Yet they hung in there somehow. BishopL seems to be doing fine with the little Homey.