View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Need help installing throttle

Man I had so much fun riding my bike around lol. It's pretty loud; it sounds like a freaking beast lmao. My ears are still ringing from it. I can't wait to fix her up this weekend with everything working perfect so I can venture on futher.

About my throttle kill switch wire (red), do I intertwine it with the white wire coming out the motor and wrap electrical tape around both? I taped the two wires together with scotch tape but it didn't work. I also grounded the black wire from my throttle onto the bike's metal frame.

How am I supposed to know how fast 1,500rpm is when the engine is running? The manual says:"If the rpm needs adjusting, turn the idle adjust screw (left side of carburetor) in or out
slowly to obtain the proper idle speed of about 1400 rpm +/- 100 rpm" Lets pretend my idle screw is all the way tightened (highest rpm), gauging from that how many full rotations should I turn it left?

Is there a way to make my bike more quiet cause if I keep on riding this thing, i'm gonna go deaf. :P

Last edited by fume555; 09-04-2008 at 09:31 PM.