View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Exclamation New to Motor biking, What kit is best??

Hey, Ive definately decided to build a motor bicycle and I know every new guy asks this but which kit is best to get for power and for the money? Ive been researching for a few weeks now and have been told that raw motors is the best motor for power. Im going tomorrow to a local bike shop to look at a few different bikes but would really like a beach cruiser because i like the look. Ive looked at buying a single speed huffy beach cruiser from walmart but have heard that they often cause complications, is that true? I was gonna go with the 80/60cc engine too. I have also been in contact with a couple people who said that they put a boygofast motor on huffy beach cruiser from Walmart without problems, does anybody have any suggestions?? i have about an 850 dollar budget, will that be enough? and i also have a few questions about what most kits come with, do they come with rubber spacers and stuff? or do I have to buy those seperately. also ive been told to purchase a seperate sprocket about a 38 tooth to acquire maximum speed, any other suggestions? Thanks please help!