View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 07:00 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: Custom Frame For Thumper Motor

Originally Posted by culvercityclassic View Post
Thanks for the compliments on the bike; it has been a fun project. I am in the planning stages of a new bike for an up-coming race. I am thinking more along the lines of a modern board track racer powered by another four stroke. I am going to start the layout this weekend.

The forks you recommend are nice and I might use them one day but at this time I am over-stocked with options, you would **** if you could see my surplus.

As far as tires you have some of the best (Pilot) on your bike, the hookworms have worked well but then again I did not want to dump this bike on its first race. LOL
I think one of my fellow racers and the winner of Willow (Magrider) was using Pilotís.

The 2.5 is almost too much for any standard size frames, but the pilots have worked out wonderfully on mine. They are actually a little too big. I was watching a video of the race on youtube and there was a guy who looked like a blueberry, And it looked like he was running pilot's as well. Keep me informed on your projects as their badassery is off the charts. And as far as the 2 stroke vs. 4 storkes go, how did you keep up the morinis on the track?