View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: And Yet Another 1st Cranny Build - Some Issues

(OK! I did all this yesterday but I'm gonna break em up into seperate posts for the sake of easy reading)

Here's all the parts. My friend and brother are finally starting to believe me that this is going to be cool. Haha.
I dont know what these few parts are becuase my kit didnt come with any type of receipt, part list, or instructions. Any ideas? Left to right, they are...

1. Long, thin metal piece with bolt on one end?

2. A 3 inch metal tubing, with bigger end on one side.

3. I believe one of the springs is for the throttle, but there is another, smaller spring I'm clueless about.

So I basically spent all afternoon tryin to figure out the rear sprocket on this thing. Going through all the forums and doin my damnest to make it work with the coaster brake.

Here's what I've come up with so far. Its not correct according to the instructions on RAW motors, which is where I got the kit. If I put the soft pieces on either side of the spokes, the coaster arm wont go back on. But it seems like this way might work...(crosses fingers) Chain clearance is my biggest worry here. Is this way going to work? Dust cap is off to make it fit as well, and the sprocket is technically backwards according to the instructions.