View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 11:51 PM
Gutter Rider
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I got in 3 or 4 miles in a couple short hops, today. Tried out the front rim with a wider tire and it did give me a little better cush. I'll switch out the back within a few days.
Engine was really straggling the first trip out and I ended up pedaling more than I wanted to... Took off the cns when I got back home and put on the nt from the other kit that's never been assembled. Night and day!
For one thing, the float valve works, and I like the lever choke far better than the cable connected plunger-thingy-do-dad. AND, it got one cable off my handlebars! Bonus!!!
I don't think the plunger was seating properly. Now that I've taken it apart, again, I can see where it has a bit of rubber on the bottom of it. I don't think it was sealing well, even with the spring pressure pushing down on it.

I wish the nt had a idle speed mixture control, but doesn't seem it needs one...

Brakes functioning on rear AND front is like night and day! Whew!
I will learn my lesson and never, ever, go out under power with only one brake again! MOF, you couldn't sell me a coaster brake on a motorized bicycle on a bet!
I'm gonna look for disks, next!

Really wish the mtb had more trail in the front end...

Been rooting through my collection for a small toolbag and figgerin what all should be in it . addition to the leatherman Dan advised !

Gosh I like WayneZ's friction Predator!