View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 11:31 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Custom Frame For Thumper Motor

Update: Is the motor reliable? Yes it is. Is the drive train reliable? That’s a good question. The torque is a big factor and is doing a number on the chain.

Read below:

Decided to ride this past Sunday with a local group called “Venice Vintage Motorcycle Club”, they do a ride once a month. This ride was from Venice area to a place called Neptune’s Net in Ventura, up PCH 33 miles one way. Now what was I thinking? I know what I was thinking...beach, babes, and biker chicks

Upon meeting up with this group the feeling was what is this guy thinking. They were all cool people and enjoyed my ride.

We hit a lot of traffic at the start due to an accident but then the road opened up, at one point one of the radar signs clocked me at 52mph. To tell you the truth it was scary on that 2.5 tire. Made it to the location and really surprised the group. The bike was a hit among all the high dollar machines. Made it 20 miles back then the master link let loose and the chain went flying off the bike. Attempted to pedal it, made it to a restaurant called the Chart House and made the phone call for a ride. Had a few really good margaritas and a shrimp cocktail to end the day.

I really wanted to complete this venture…but things happen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P7230108.JPG (557.7 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg P7230110.JPG (472.3 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg P7230106.JPG (527.5 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg P7240111.JPG (325.5 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg P7240112.JPG (390.7 KB, 125 views)