My re-build is DONE!!!
After my little sprocket-flying-off issue, I got it put back together. No real damage.
I also put together a spring loaded tensioner today using the TSC rubber roller. I ran it for probably 5 or 6 miles tonight and it really was working well. The roller is quiet and much better than the chain slap I was getting running without.
Looks like I have accomplished all but one of the initial goals I set out when starting this project, and so far I am pleased with the result. The remaining goal was to get it running smoothly. It is four stroking a fair amount but I am still on the first tank, so I will drive it for a few more tanks before getting serious about tuning it up. Now I think it is time to ride this thing for a while.
Here is the bike and a shot of the tensioner: