View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Now I own *two* DAX GT50r motors........

I own a Subaru Robin EH035 & just sold my Lifan 2.5 (98cc). I recently got the identical engine to the GT50R but sold elsewhere & have been putting miles on it. Before I come up with a full review I wanna make sure I dont blow it up. Aside from having to red loctite the headbolts (were getting loose) & venting the fuel cap, the engine has been a blast to ride & starts on the 1st pull. The Subaru Robin bike is nicknamed 'Wimpy' & tops out in the low 30's & slows down when the wind blows. This 'Little Screaming Monster' is barely at half throttle in the low 30's & has so much more to pull (powerband hasn't been tapped into yet). I got it geared @ 15.6:1 now without an expansion chamber (coming this Tuesday) & it hits low 50's & pulls off the line better than the Suby. I honestly believe with the correct gearing it could do in the 60's (mph). If durability holds up, it will be the best $129 I ever spent & I will buy another. I would then considering selling my super reliable Subaru Robin in the Swap & Shop. Guess I've turned to the 2 Stroke 'Dark Side'