View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Now I own *two* DAX GT50r motors........

Ok good to know it is made of a composite material, that will make it lite and like you said cant warp or bend out of shape, I know form experience that there are plastics now that will run circles around alum. or steel in many applications.

Yeah I had thought about the torque issue last night, the HP ratings are at very high RPM's and until the engine reaches that point it will likely be pretty sluggish if it has to pull much of a load.

I think I'm gonna try a cheaper 49cc 2 stroke in the begginning and then I may invest in a higher end 2 stroke later on when the cheapy gives up the ghost.

Originally Posted by fall_down_stand_up View Post
If your talking about the GEBE drive ring that mounts to the rear rim of your bike,its made of aerospace composite plastic of some sort....Much better than steel or wont warp or bend,it just flexes and goes back to its shape if you twist it(thats before you mount it on the rim)....
Someone also mentioned that Daves smaller cc engines probley would not have much torq for take off and you would have to use a gear that would give you lots less top speed but better take off....I dont know if this is true,but would look into it before buying the smaller cc engine....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 49cc engine.jpg (26.0 KB, 28 views)
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!