View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 11:44 PM
Resident Mad Scientist
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Well, I haven't done much on my own bike in a while, until today. I resumed work on these little, leather mudflaps I'm making for the fenders. They get cut according to pattern, boiled in beeswax, then bolted in place at the top, and a bright brass rivet at bottom. The fenders already had holes in the bottom for them, but the old mudflaps were long gone.

Mostly, though, I worked on my wife's bike. She has an OLD Schwinn that has needed restoring for some time. It's a lady's step-through frame, fat-tire cruiser. Even in its present state it's a beautiful classic bike. Even in its present state, it pedals easily and works exceptionally well. I do, however, have a boatload of cosmetic restoration to do.

I will have to post pics. Hers is a silver-gray and burgundy lady's cruiser. It's a Schwinn but I couldn't find any kind of model listed on it. Steel, welded frame. Bedrock solid, heavy as they come. Lovely springer fork. Nice sweep to the handlebars. And my wife looks very happy riding it, so I have to fix her up.

The decision to motorize this old beauty rests solidly with my wife, and she wishes to see it restored first. So, pics to come on this one too.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"