Re: My (re-)Build Journal
Woot! The machine shop called and he got the broken stud out.
Here is what has been done so far:
- Rear wheel rebuilt with Shimano e110 hub and is spinning true
- New tubes and tires
- Mounted clamshell sprocket adapter and sprocket from Sportsman
- New aluminum throttle from SBP installed
- Mounted gas tank to new rear rack. The rack mounts to the seat post and I added a bolt through the seat post to make it more solid.
- Milled head and cylinder surfaces (wow - they are really not very flat from the factory)
- New piston, rings, cylinder installed
- Replaced all hardware on the engine with hardware kit from SBP
So bottom line - the motor is buttoned up and ready to go on, and the bike is ready for it. Tomorrow I will get it mounted, cables run, and hopefully running!
I'll put up some pics as soon as it is all together.